Plastics are vital to a wide array of safety and performance features in our cars and trucks. Explore the latest innovations.
- Automakers Turn to Plastics for Lighter Vehicles, Increased Fuel Efficiency In their ongoing quest to squeeze more miles out of a gallon of fuel, auto manufacturers are increasingly turning to strong, lightweight plastics and plastic composites. Learn More
- The Growing Role of Carbon Fiber-Reinforced Plastics in Autos Automakers must find new ways to lighten vehicles without sacrificing safety. With their exceptional strength-to-weight ratio, carbon-fiber-reinforced plastics help achieve both. Learn More
- Recycling Plastics: A Win-Win Scenario for Automakers Automakers looking to lighten their environment footprint are turning to recycled plastics as a material of choice for a wide range of high-quality vehicle parts. Learn More
- Automobile Safety Using Plastics More than Ever Tough, lightweight plastics have helped protect drivers and passengers for decades, and they continue to inspire new innovations in automotive safety. Learn More
- Automotive Plastics Play Key Role as Automakers Seek to Build Fuel-Efficient Vehicles Lightweight, durable plastics enable automakers to achieve environmental goals—without compromising the advanced safety and design features today's consumers look for in their vehicles. Learn More
- SXSW ECO Panel: This is Not Your Father’s Automobile Industry To meet environmental standards, vehicles must become leaner and greener in the next decade. Automakers will increasingly rely on lightweight plastics to achieve their goals. Learn More