OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance
of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Timing: Holiday Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 8:00:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on November 30 , 2015 and ends 11:59:59m. PST on December 11, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. Employees and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) of the American Chemistry Council (the “Sponsor”) or Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (“Ogilvy PR”) or their promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
3) To Enter the Sweepstakes: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter online as follows:
Visit www.plasticsmakeitpossible.com and complete the on-screen entry form with your First Name, Last Name, Email, and in the comments section, answer the question: “Tell us how you plan to use plastics to reduce waste this holiday season” to enter the Sweepstakes. Comments must be responsive to the question and at least one word in length but no more than 100 words.
Entries will not be judged for quality of content, though the comment provided should answer the question asked. Limit one entry per person per day. Multiple Sweepstakes entries from any person per day will not be accepted. The on-screen entry form must be fully completed and submitted to be eligible. All eligible entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PST each weekday (Monday through Friday) during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible for that weekday drawing only. All entries received on Saturday (December 9th) and Sunday (December 10th) are included in the Monday (December 11th) weekday drawing. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PST on December 11, 2015 to be eligible for the final weekday’s drawing. Use of computer programs and other automatic system or means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries must be in English, except that foreign language expressions or terms of art appropriate to a kitchen theme are acceptable if they are generally used and expressed in the English language (e.g., – “sous-vide” or “dim sum”). All entries must be the sole, original work of the entrant. Any entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, or defamatory, is disparaging of plastics, fails to address the question presented, violates the proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, is otherwise objectionable, or in any way is incomplete, indecipherable, or otherwise not in full compliance with these Official Rules, will not be accepted and may be disqualified. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize any portion of their entry from any source. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that their entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use entries (or excerpts of entries) in any way it sees fit. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the entry submitted. Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service may apply.
- Random Drawings/Winner Notification: The Prize winners will be selected randomly and notified on or about the next day following each weekday from among all eligible entries received for each weekday drawing (as described above). The drawings will be conducted by Ogilvy PR on behalf of the American Chemistry Council’s Plastics Make it Possible® All decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for each weekday drawing (as described above). All federal, state and local laws apply. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will need to reply within the seven days with their mailing address for prize fulfillment. Winners will then be sent their prizes via mail within 4-6 weeks after winner verification.Return of any prize or email prize notification as undeliverable (or if potential winner does not respond to email), will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): (10 total – 1 Per each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period) Prizes: There are 10 Prizes as follows: Day 1 Prize: Recycled plastic toys (ARV $60). Day 2 Prize: Dakine Campus Pack (ARV $55). Day 3 Prize: Teeki Yoga Hot Pant (ARV $72). Day 4 Prize: select items from Blue Avocado (ARV $70). Day 5 Prize: Nau Lightbeam Tote (ARV $46). Day 6 Prize: select kitchen items from Epicurean and Preserve (ARV $125). Day 7 Prize: Patagonia Synchilla fleece pullover (ARV $100). Day 8 Prize: Mad Mats or FabHabitat Outdoor Rug (ARV $115). Day 9 Prize: Loll Designs Balance Bike (ARV $259). Day 10 Prize: Two Wayfair Adirondak Chairs (ARV $350). All prizes are Sponsor-specified. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to award a Prize of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with award of Prize. Each company listed in no way endorses or supports the sweepstakes.
- General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and Ogilvy PR are not responsible for equipment or electronics malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications regardless of cause; by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes; or damage to any equipment or electronics resulting from submitting an entry, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes, or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address provided on the on-screen entry form will be deemed to be the entrant. Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address provided on the on-screen entry form. Proof of entering information via plasticsmakeitpossible.com does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor and/or its agencies are not responsible for the failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or the www.plasticsmakeitpossible.com website. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and determine the winners in random drawings from among all eligible entries received for each weekday prior to cancellation. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that Sponsor, its self-funded business units, member companies, agents, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by, entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, costs or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable, or participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes or related activity. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules. Publicity Release: Submission of entry constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the entry (or excerpts of the entry) for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for winner’s name, likeness, hometown and entry for purposes of advertising and trade, without further compensation, including a winners’ list, unless prohibited by law.
- Jurisdiction: The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. In the event of any dispute, entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Virginia and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia or the Circuit Court for the County of Fairfax.
- Winners: For the names of the Prize winners, email Kate.email@example.com between December 31, 2015 and January 31, 2016.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is American Chemistry Council, Inc., 700 Second St. NE, Washington, DC 20002.