OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Timing: Tiny House Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 8:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Friday, October 16, 2015 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 7, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. Employees and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) of the American Chemistry Council (the “Sponsor”) or Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (“Ogilvy PR”) or their promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
- To Enter the Sweepstakes: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter online as follows:You can visit www.plasticsmakeitpossible.com/plastics-at-home/home-garden/tiny-house and complete the on-screen entry form and answer the following question (where indicated): “What plastics incorporated in the Tiny House surprised you the most?” to enter the Sweepstakes. To be considered an eligible entry, the answer must be at least one word and responsive to the question.
Entries will not be judged. Limit one entry per person/household. Multiple Sweepstakes entries from any person/household will not be accepted. The on-screen entry form must be fully completed and submitted to be eligible. All eligible entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 7, 2015. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries must be in English. All entries must be the sole, original work of the entrant. Any entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, or defamatory, is disparaging of plastics, fails to address the question presented, violates the proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, is otherwise objectionable, or in any way is incomplete, indecipherable, or otherwise not in full compliance with these Official Rules, will not be accepted and may be disqualified. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize any portion of their entry from any source. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that their entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use entries (or excerpts of entries) in any way it sees fit. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the entry submitted. Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service may apply.
- Random Drawing/Winner Notification: The Prize winners will be selected randomly on or about November 9, 2015 from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Ogilvy PR on behalf of the American Chemistry Council’s Plastics Make it Possible® All decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. All federal, state and local laws apply. Grand Prize and First Prize winners will be sent their prizes via mail within 6-8 weeks after winner selection. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected.
- Prizes: (1) First Prize: One (1) $300 Sponsor-specified gift card and one (1) WayFair end table made with recycled plastics. Approximate Retail Value $461. (1) Second Prize: One (1) $150 Sponsor-specified gift card. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with award of a prize. Gift Cards subject to restrictions and an expiration date may apply.
- General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for equipment or electronics malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications regardless of cause; by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes; or damage to any equipment or electronics resulting from submitting an entry, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes, or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address provided on the on-screen entry form will be deemed to be the entrant. Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address provided on the on-screen entry form. Proof of entering information via www.plasticsmakeitpossible.com/plastics-at-home/home-garden/tiny-house does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor and/or its agencies are not responsible for the failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or the plasticsmakeitpossible.com/plastics-at-home/home-garden/tiny-house website. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and determine the winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that Sponsor, its self-funded business units, member companies, agents, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by, entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, costs or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable, or participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes or related activity. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
- Publicity Release: Submission of entry constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the entry (or excerpts of entry) for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for winner’s name, likeness, hometown and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law.
- Jurisdiction: The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. In the event of any dispute, entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Virginia and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia or the Circuit Court for the County of Fairfax.
- Winners: For the names of the Prize winners, email firstname.lastname@example.org between November 9, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is American Chemistry Council, Inc., 700 Second St. NE, Washington, DC 20002.