OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. Timing: Second Chances Social Postcards Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 8:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 20, 2015 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on June 28, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes will take place over five (5) weeks. Each week is defined as a “Weekly Entry Period.” The Weekly Entry Periods are listed below in section 3.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. Employees and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) of the American Chemistry Council (the “Sponsor”) or Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (“Ogilvy PR”) or their promotion agencies, and family members of such employees, are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
3. To Enter the Sweepstakes: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter online by visiting plasticsmakeitpossible.com and clicking where indicated to visit the Second Chances Social Postcards Sweepstakes page. From the Second Chances Social Postcards Sweepstakes page, you must complete the on-screen registration form with your email address, choose a postcard image to share, select the platform on which you want to share the postcard (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Email), and share the postcard to receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for the applicable Weekly Entry Period (as defined below). Limit one entry per person per Weekly Entry Period. Multiple Sweepstakes entries from any person for the same Weekly Entry Period will not be accepted. Entries must be complete to be eligible. All eligible entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on the dates listed in the Weekly Entry Period Chart below to be eligible for that Weekly Entry Period. All Weekly Entry Periods begin at 12:00 a.m. ET with the exception of Week 1 which begins at 8:00 a.m. ET. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on June 21, 2015 to be eligible for the final Weekly Entry Period. Use of automatic means, including computer programs developed for such purpose, to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to submit more than one entry during each Weekly Entry Period by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service may apply. Entries will not carry over to future Weekly Entry Periods (if applicable).
Weekly Entry Period Chart
|Weekly Entry Period||Entry Dates||Drawing Date
|Week 1||May 20, 2015 – May 31, 2015||June 1, 2015|
|Week 2||June 1, 2015 – June 7, 2015||June 8, 2015|
|Week 3||June 8, 2015 – June 14, 2015||June 15, 2015|
|Week 4||June 15, 2015 – June 21, 2015||June 22, 2015|
|Week 5||June 22, 2015 – June 28, 2015||June 29, 2015|
4. Random Drawings/Winner Notification: The Prize winners will be selected randomly on or about the dates listed in the Weekly Entry Period Chart in Section 3 from among all eligible entries received during each Weekly Entry Period. The drawings will be conducted by Ogilvy PR on behalf of the American Chemistry Council’s Plastics Make it Possible® campaign, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for each applicable Weekly Entry Period. All federal, state and local laws apply. Potential winners will be sent their Prize within 6-8 weeks after winner selection. Return of Prize as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected.
5. Prizes: (5) Prizes (1 per Weekly Entry Period): A $100 Sponsor-selected gift card. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value. Gift cards are subject to restrictions and expiration dates may apply. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes associated with prize.
7. General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry. Proof of entering information via the website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor and/or its agencies are not responsible for the failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof, and select the winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for each applicable Weekly Entry Period prior to cancellation. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL, WRITTEN OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY NOT BE WAIVED OR OTHERWISE DISCLAIMED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW SHALL BE LIMITED IN ALL RESPECTS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY THIRD PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCURRED BY WINNER OR ANY ENTRANT IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE.
9. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, INJURIES, DEATH, CLAIMS, DAMAGES (DIRECT OR INDIRECT) OR OTHER LIABILITIES FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE AND CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS, ACCIDENTS, LOSSES, INJURIES, DEATH, CLAIMS, DAMAGES (DIRECT OR INDIRECT) OR OTHER LIABILITIES FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH OR RESULTING FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES.
10. Acknowledgement of Having Read and Understood Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
11. Publicity Release: Submission of entry constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the entry (or excerpts of entry) for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for winner’s name, likeness and hometown for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law.
12. Jurisdiction: The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. In the event of any dispute, entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Virginia and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia or the Circuit Court for the County of Fairfax.
13. Winners List: For the names of the Prize winners, please email email@example.com any time between July 1, 2015 and August 1, 2015.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is American Chemistry Council, Inc., 700 Second St. NE, Washington, DC 20002.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or your email platform (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.). Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Email Platforms are not involved in any way other than as the medium through which this Sweepstakes is conducted.