OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Timing: The Greener Garden Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 27, 2018 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on April 7, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period consists of three (3) separate entry periods (each an “Entry Period”), outlined below in Rule #3.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. Employees and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) of the American Chemistry Council (the “Sponsor”) or Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (“Ogilvy PR”) or their promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
- How to Enter: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes.
- VIA FACEBOOK: At the start of each Entry Period, the Sponsor will post a Facebook post on the Plastics Make it Possible Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/plasticpossible that invites individuals to comment on the post to enter the Sweepstakes (each a “Post”). The entrant must comment on the respective Entry Period’s Post to receive one (1) entry (“Facebook Entry”) into that Entry Period’s drawing. You may use only one (1) Facebook account to submit a Facebook Entry. You must have a Facebook account to enter via Facebook. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Facebook account to submit a Facebook Entry. If you do not have a Facebook account, visit www.facebook.com to create a free account. Facebook Entries must comply with Facebook’s Terms and Polices (https://www.facebook.com/policies). Limit one (1) Facebook Entry per person/Facebook ID per Entry Period.
Entry Period Entry Period Dates 1 3/27/18 – 4/3/18 2 3/29/18 – 4/5/18 3 3/31/18 – 4/7/18
By commenting on a Post, you are agreeing to these Official Rules. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Facebook or Twitter account associated with the Entry. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the entry submitted. Entries will not be judged. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, Twitter accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries must be in English. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the entrant. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, or defamatory, includes any trademarks, violates the proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, is otherwise objectionable, or in any way is incomplete, indecipherable, or otherwise not in full compliance with these Official Rules, will not be accepted and may be disqualified. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that their Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entries (or excerpts of Entries) in any way it sees fit.
- Random Drawings/Winner Notification: Winners will be selected randomly on or about April 9, 2018 from among all eligible entries received by the end of each Entry Period. Entries will not carry forward to subsequent Entry Periods. The drawings will be conducted by Ogilvy PR on behalf of the American Chemistry Council’s Plastics Make it Possible® campaign. All decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received by the end of each Entry Period. All federal, state and local laws apply. Potential winners will be contacted by Sponsor via Facebook Comment/Private Message or Twitter Direct Message (depending upon potential winners’ method of Entry) (“Notification”) and will be required to respond to the Notification to verify his/her eligibility and submit their complete mailing address within the timeframe specified in order to receive their prize by mail. Potential winners will then be sent their prizes via mail within 6-8 weeks after winner verification. Noncompliance within this specified time period or return of any prize/Notification as undeliverable, or declining the prize for any reason, will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Prizes: Three (3) Prizes (one (1) per Entry Period), each consisting of one (1) Sponsor-specified Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $100.00 each. The ARV of all prizes is $300.00. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with award of prize.
- General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for equipment or electronics malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications regardless of cause; by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes; or damage to any equipment or electronics resulting from submitting an entry, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes, or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Facebook or Twitter account will be deemed to be the entrant. Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Facebook or Twitter submission provided on the on-screen entry form. Proof of entering information via www.Facebook.com or www.Twitter.com does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor and/or its agencies are not responsible for the failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet, www.Facebook.com or www.Twitter.com websites. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and select the Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that Sponsor, its self-funded business units, member companies, agents, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by, entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, costs or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable, or participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes or related activity. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
- Publicity Release: Submission of entry constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the entry (or excerpts of entry) for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation.
- Jurisdiction: The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. In the event of any dispute, entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Virginia and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia or the Circuit Court for the County of Fairfax.
- Winners List: For the names of the winners, email firstname.lastname@example.org between April 30, 2018 and May 31, 2018.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is American Chemistry Council, Inc., 700 Second St. NE, Washington, DC 20002.
- This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the American Chemistry Council and not to Facebook or Twitter.