Here is a great new idea for Thanksgiving dinner leftovers.
Leftovers Used: Yams or Sweet Potatoes
Makes 16 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed or 1 cup mashed Louisiana yams
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven 400°F. Mix together butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and corn syrup. Spread mixture evenly in a 9x9x2 plastic silicone baking form or a 9x9x2 traditional square baking pan coated with nonstick baking spray. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large plastic mixing bowl, beat together biscuit baking mix, sweet potatoes, and milk until dough forms a ball. Turn dough onto a large plastic cutting board heavily dusted with baking mix and roll or pat into 12-inch long rectangle.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 3 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture and cranberries evenly over dough. Roll up dough jellyroll style from longer side. Cut crosswise into one-inch pieces and arrange sitting on top of the pecan mixture in pan. Dough will spread when baking.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately invert onto serving plate. If using a traditional metal or glass baking pan, run knife around sides immediately after baking and invert onto serving plate, scraping any brown sugar mixture from pan to top cake.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories 184 Calories from fat 30% Fat 6g Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 4mg Sodium 254mg Carbohydrate 31g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 16g Protein 2g Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Plastics Bring Holiday JoyView the Rest
See more holiday recipes and get baking and entertaining tips from Holly Clegg.
About Holly Clegg
Holly Clegg, the best-selling cookbook author, worked with Plastics Make It Possible® to highlight quick and healthy recipes from her new book, Too Hot in the Kitchen, part of her best-selling Trim & Terrific series, to make entertaining your family and repurposing your leftovers this holiday season easy and fun.