Ingredients for Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup cajeta (caramel topping)
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- Water (amount per cake mix directions)
- Vegetable oil (amount per cake mix direction)
- Eggs (amount per cake mix direction)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Directions for Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a shatter-resistant plastic bowl, combine chocolate cake mix, incorporating water, vegetable oil and eggs according to package directions. Mix for 2 minutes on slow, then bring the speed up to medium high for 2 more minutes.
- Pour cajeta into the bottom of a heat-resistant and non-stick, 12-cup silicone bundt pan.
- Slowly pour cake batter over cajeta.
- Fill a tea kettle with water and place over a high flame. While waiting for water to boil, make flan blend.
Ingredients for Flan
- 4 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1- 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 1 – 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp. almond extract
- 4 large eggs
Directions for Flan
- In a blender add cream cheese, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and eggs. Blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Once flan mixture is blended, slowly pour in a circle over cake batter, a little bit at a time. Then sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Next take a piece of aluminum foil (enough to cover top of bundt pan) and coat with non-stick baking spray. Loosely place sprayed aluminum foil on top of bundt pan and cover. Then place covered bundt pan in a large baking dish and fill halfway with super hot water from teakettle.
- Place the covered silicone bundt pan in hot bath in oven on middle rack and let bake for 1 hour. Once cake is baked, remove from hot bath and remove aluminum foil. Let cool in the pan for 2 hours, next run a butter knife along the edge of pan to pull cake away from silicone pan, then flip it over onto the plate of a plastic cake carrier to retain freshness and/or transport to fun, social gatherings!
- Put it in the fridge for another 6 hours, chill and enjoy!
Plastics: The Home Chef's SweetheartView the Rest
This flan is just one of our many Valentine's Day recipes.