With its emphasis on love and sweet indulgence, Valentine’s Day is an extremely popular time of year for baking. From heart-shaped cookies and cakes to decadent red velvet cupcakes, there are many ways to express your love! No matter how many hours you have—or haven’t—logged in the kitchen, innovative plastic bakeware can help you create delicious and beautiful baked treats.
Here are a few fun, easy, and practical tips for baking delectable desserts for Valentine’s Day or any time of the year:
- Superior Baking: Silicone plastic’s easy-release, non-stick, easy-to-clean surface can withstand high temperatures, taking the heat time after time. Even better, non-stick surfaces reduce the need for a greased cooking area, which means less fats or shortenings.
- Icing on the Cake: Plastic decorating tools, such as frosting guns and squeeze bottles, allow the average Joe and Jane to create professional-looking decorations. A flick of the wrist coupled with the right tool can turn your homemade Valentine’s Day dessert into a five-star affair.
- Chef’s Best Friend: Plastic measuring and mixing solutions make baking a sweet experience 365 days a year. Plastic liquid measuring cups are shatter-resistant and lightweight, and some even allow for top-view measuring so you don’t have to bend down to ensure accurate measurements. Plus, plastic bakeware is durable, flexible, and easy-to-clean.
- Down to the Last Bite: Help keep your baked goods looking and tasting their best by storing them in re-sealable plastic containers and storage bags. The airtight seal helps keep out oxygen so your cookies, cupcakes, and other pastries can stay fresh longer.
- For the Road: Attending a Valentine’s Day party? Plastic transportation solutions like plastic cupcake carriers make carrying treats to social gatherings easier than ever. They’re lightweight and protective, and they help get your baked goods to the party in one piece.
- Love Mother Earth: After you’re done cooking and cleaning, it’s time to recycle. When you recycle plastic food packaging such as margarine containers, milk jugs, frosting containers, and much more, they can live on as new products—maybe even the baking tools you’ll use next Valentine’s Day. Check out our ultimate 9 quick tips to recycle more plastics.
Whatever delicious treats you decide to cook up this Valentines’ Day, plastic kitchen tools, storage containers, and packaging can make your baking project easier and more convenient, as well as easier on the environment. And that can make your baked goods taste even sweeter.