With its emphasis on love and sweet indulgence, Valentine’s Day is an extremely popular time of year for baking. From heart-shaped cookies and cakes to decadent red velvet cupcakes, there are many ways to express your love! No matter how many hours you have – or haven’t – logged in the kitchen, innovative plastic bakeware can help you create delicious and beautiful baked treats.
Following are a few fun, easy, and practical tips for baking delectable desserts for Valentine’s Day or any time of the year.
- Superior Baking: Silicone’s easy-release, non-stick surface can withstand high temperatures. Even better, non-stick surfaces reduce the need for a greased cooking area, which means less fats or shortenings.
- Icing on the Cake: Plastic decorating tools, such as frosting guns and squeeze bottles, allow the average Joe and Jane to create professional-looking decorations. A flick of the wrist coupled with the right tool can turn your homemade Valentine’s Day dessert into a five-star affair.
- Chef’s Best Friend: Plastic measuring and mixing solutions make baking a sweet experience 365 days a year. Plastic liquid measuring cups are shatter-resistant and lighter than glass alternatives, and some even allow for top-view measurement viewing so you don’t have to bend down to ensure accurate measurements. Plus, plastic bakeware is durable, flexible, and easy-to-clean.
- Down to the Last Bite: From cookies to cupcakes, keep pastries looking and tasting their best by storing them in air-tight plastic containers and re-sealable bags to retain freshness.
- For the Road: Attending a Valentine’s Day party this February? Plastic transportation solutions like plastic cupcake carriers make carrying treats to social gatherings easier than ever. They are lightweight and protective, and they help get your baked goods to the party in one piece.
- Love Mother Earth: After you’re done cooking and cleaning, it’s time to recycle! Many bin programs throughout the country take plastic packaging. Check with your local municipality to learn more about recycling efforts in your backyard.
Ready to get cooking? We’ve enlisted some experts to develop delicious recipes using some of these great plastic products in their preparation. You can view and download their recipes here for a special Valentine’s Day treat!
Congratulations to the sweepstakes winner Jenny Smith, we hope she enjoys her prize package filled with plastic kitchen essentials!